About Me

My photo
I am very passionate and full of all kinds of emotions. I like to express myself through my poetry and hopefully someone can connect and identify with my poems. My poetry comes from the heart.

Monday 3 September 2012

Down in the Mouth


You walk around with apathy.
Satan hanging from your ear – smiling
Softly he whispers thoughts of doubt.
Thoughts that dismantle your hope.

Your shoulders too heavy to carry.
Your spine in a curve.
Your lips cracked from sighs.
Your soul black as hell.

You walk around discouraged.
Satan jumping from joy – blissful
Slowing he suffocates the only truth.
The truth that you will survive.

Giving up hope is victory for the treacherous.
Standing up and dusting off is failure to him.
Yield the demons with ecstasy.
Stand strong against the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment